Technorati Profile Small and Home Office Computing Tips: WORD as a Web Page Design Tool

Motivational Quote of the Day

Sunday, October 9, 2011

WORD as a Web Page Design Tool

A common question that I have heard in meetings (special interest groups for writers, rescue workers and artists) in the past few months is: Are there any FREE web design packages out there?

Most of these creative or compassionate people do not have programming skills, so they are NOT looking for an ASCII editor (ie, NotePad) that can be used for HTML.

I won't try to answer the BIG question regarding FREE Web Design Tools, but I will show and tell about one design tool that ALMOST everyone has on their computer: Microsoft WORDPAD, or WORD (even better).

I have specifically mentioned this program because it comes with the Operating System (OS); but, in fact, any word processor that saves HTML documents can be used to design a web page.

I do not mean that you will be able to compete with sites designed by high end design tools from Adobe or Microsoft. However, you will be able to design a website that includes images and formatted text.

to be continued...

5 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I like it and I find it impressive as well. Thank you for sharing.

    Shasing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shasing,
    Thank you for your kind comment. I hope that the information will be of some use!
    I apologize about the late publish of your comment, too. My New Year's Resolution is to be more faithful to my Blogs during 2012!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my pleasure to read your blog and I already refer this to my friend. Thank you again. God bless and keep sharing.



    web design manila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing us these web design tools. These are really useful tool for creating effective Web Design. Thanks for sharing us great post. This post really increased my knowledge regarding Web design.

    Visit Our Website

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late Reply, but thanks for your comment. You have a BEAUTIFUL website...Good luck for the rest of 2015 and the coming 2016!

      Delete